Monday, September 15, 2008

Heart of Dakota

I am using Preparing Hearts for His Glory from Heart of Dakota publishing for most of Dakota's schooling this year.
Sent from BlueOrganizer

I heard about this curriculum from my blogging friend Sniz. After looking into it, I was immediately drawn to the history and the way the curriculum weaves Biblical history into world history from creation to the mid 1900's.

I had planned on beginning today but I'm so out of sorts lately with the move into our new house 2 weeks ago. I had failed to even open this book since I received it in the mail just before we moved. I had forgotten I needed to order some additional books to go along with the manual I got in. I went to Books-a-Million yesterday after church to see if they had the 4 books I needed, but of course they didn't so I guess we'll be waiting until next week to start now.

This morning I got on Books-a-Million online and went to order the 4 books. My total came to $47.00 and that included free shipping since my order was over $25.00. You know me though...always on the lookout for a bargain! Before I hit the "submit" button, I googled "Books-A-Million Coupons" and I saw one for $10.00/$50.00 order and it didn't expire until 9/23! Whoohoooo!! I actually need more books, but I was just settling on purchasing 4 for now. So I went back in and added another $6.95 book to my order and with the **new** coupon my order came to $45.00!!

Costs me less to buy 5 books than it did to buy 4! I'm a happy woman!

Oh yeah....stay tuned because NEXT WEEK we are definitely getting started!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wondered if you might use Heart of Dakota for more than you thought. I am using Bigger Hearts plus extensions with the girls, but I bought the Preparing Hearts manual and can't wait to use it next year. I still absolutely LOVE this curriculum! I hope Dakota likes it. One of the things I like is we just take little bites at a time so they don't dread anything. From what you've shared about him, I bet he'll like that about it too. Are you on your first week now, or are you still waiting for stuff?

Hey, I've been incognito for a while--code for not getting on the computer hardly AT ALL! :-), so what's your new house like? How did that come about?